If you’re looking for a new baking project each month, David Hobbs Honda has you covered. Check out this month’s recipe for Bubble & Squeak!
And be sure to keep an eye on our blog. We’ll have a new recipe that honors our English heritage every month.
- 1 tbsp duck fat, goose fat or butter
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 15-20 cooked Brussels sprouts, sliced, or leftover boiled cabbage, shredded
- 400g cold leftover mashed potato, or cold crushed boiled potatoes
You might also like: Antique Shopping Near Glendale
- Melt 1 tbsp duck fat, goose fat or butter in a non-stick pan, allow it to get nice and hot, then add 4 chopped streaky bacon rashers. As it begins to brown, add 1 finely sliced onion and 1 chopped
- Next, add 15-20 sliced cooked Brussels sprouts or shredded boiled cabbage and let it colour slightly. All this will take 5-6 mins.
- Add 400g cold mashed potato. Work everything together in the pan and push it down so that the mixture covers the base
of the pan.
- Allow the mixture to catch slightly on the base of the pan before turning it over and doing the same again. It’s the bits of potato
that catch in the pan that define the term ‘bubble and squeak’, so be brave and let the mixture colour.
We’re so excited about sharing this Bubble & Squeak recipe with you, and we hope you make it and share with your friends to spread the knowledge and culture as well! If you end up making our recipe, be sure to tag us on Facebook so we can see! Enjoy!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.